Help:Basic setup, rules and guidelines
From Coastal Wiki
- Keep it as short as possible
- Concise lead section or introduction
- 1-4 paragraphs long
- Put your main text in this section.
- Provide relevant context (policy, practice, science).
- Consider important interactions with other components of the coastal system.
- Manual: tells you how to produce links, emphasise text, lists, headlines etc.
- Link to other relevant coastal wiki articles.
- Don’t enter into details if good references and links to detailed information are available.
- Article length – between a few hundred to a few thousand words.
- Other tips:
- Separate major sections of article with section headlines.
- Use heirachial heading structure
- Box text for effect
- Define terms
- Add relevant images or graphics, tables
- Use analogies and comparisons to illustrate
- Link to resources and information already available (but only if not copyright)
- Reference articles
Date, authors name(s), affiliation, email(opt).