Marine Biotechnology in Ukraine
Overarching science strategies, plans and policies
There is no dedicated Marine Biotechnology Strategy or Policy in Ukraine at this stage (end of 2012). Ukraine Science and Technology Policy for the years 2010-2020 falls under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and is described in the Law of Ukraine On priority directions of development of science and technique”. The marine research component of this Policy/Strategy is further developed in Part 5.6 “Science &Technology and Innovative Policy» and Part 3.1.6. “Realization of state policy in the sphere of protection and expedient exploitation of water resources”.
- Law of Ukraine on priority directions of development of science and technique 
Other National Policy Documents which have a significant Marine Research element include:
- Programme of Economic Reforms for 2010-2014
- Law of Ukraine On scientific and technical activity
- Law of Ukraine On protection of natural environment
- Law of Ukraine On approval of Nation-wide Programme of Protection and Recovery of Natural Environment of Azov and Black Seas
- Water Code of Ukraine
- Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «On approval of Concept of State Programme of research in Antarctica for 2011-2020
Research funding schemes and programmes
Research priorities for marine biotechnology research
Infrastructures and coordination and support capacities / initiatives
In 2012, Ukraine operates 1 global vessels of 68,9m (Professor Vodyanitskiy) registered at the European Research Vessels Infobase .
This draft country profile is based on available online information sources and contributions from various country experts and stakeholders. It does not aim nor claim to be complete or final, but should be considered as a dynamic and living information resource that will be elaborated, updated and improved as more information becomes available, including further inputs from experts and stakeholders.