Difference between revisions of "Portal:Marine Biotechnology/Purpose"
From Coastal Wiki
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 14:41, 3 August 2016
This portal is developed in the FP7 Coordination and Support Action on Marine Biotechnology, CSA MARINEBIOTECH (October 2011-March 2013) and updated by the Marine Biotechnology ERA-NET (December 2013 - November 2017).
This portal is available for
- a broad public, to show the growing importance of the application of biological marine knowledge and cutting-edge techniques to develop products and other benefits for humans;
- researchers, to show outlined priorities for Marine Biotechnology contributions to key societal challenges and examples of case studies showing progress in these fields;
- the industry with interests in marine biotechnology and its outputs, to provide the context in which marine biotechnology innovation might take place;
- policy makers, to provide a discussion and clarification of national strategy documents on marine biotechnology;
- national funding agencies in Europe, to provide important information and insight in scoping and preparing for a future ERA-NET in marine biotechnology;
- other technology platforms and coordination activities dedicated to marine biotechnology, to highlight opportunities for interlinkage and collaboration.