View source for Traits:AlternationOfGenerations
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
Templates used on this page:
- Template:Concept (view source)
- Template:Concept relation (view source)
- Template:Conceptshowvalues (view source)
- Template:Freetext (view source)
- Template:Invert-property (view source)
- Template:Invert-property/Separator (view source)
- Template:Missingproperty (view source)
- Template:Purgebutton (view source)
- Template:Reference (view source)
- Template:SmwAsk GenericPageLink (view source)
Return to Traits:AlternationOfGenerations.
... more about "AlternationOfGenerations"
The alternation of generations, in the life cycle of an organism, that exhibit different modes of reproduction; typically sexual (diploid) and asexual (haploid) phases. Also termed metagenesis (Lincoln et al., 1998) (e.g. Daphnia, some rotifers) +
Note -Alternation of generations is kept separate from 'asexual' and 'sexual' reproduction because it describes a specific reproductive type in which asexual and sexual phases occur in a defined cycle, separated by an environmental trigger. +
Lincoln, R., Boxshall, G. & Clark, P., 1998. A dictionary of ecology, evolution and systematics (2nd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University of Press. +
URL"URL" is a type and predefined property provided by Semantic MediaWiki to represent URI/URL values.