View source for Traits:Diplontic
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
Templates used on this page:
- Template:Concept (view source)
- Template:Concept relation (view source)
- Template:Conceptshowvalues (view source)
- Template:Freetext (view source)
- Template:Invert-property (view source)
- Template:Invert-property/Separator (view source)
- Template:Missingproperty (view source)
- Template:Purgebutton (view source)
- Template:Reference (view source)
- Template:SmwAsk GenericPageLink (view source)
Return to Traits:Diplontic.
... more about "Diplontic"
A life cycle characterized by a diploid adult stage producing haploid gametes by meiosis, the zygote forming by fusion of a pair of gametes (Lincoln et al., 1998). +
Definition may need revision to capture species where 'adult' is ambiguous, e.g. macroalgae where the term 'dominant life stage' might be more relevant. +
Lincoln, R., Boxshall, G. & Clark, P., 1998. A dictionary of ecology, evolution and systematics (2nd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University of Press. +
URL"URL" is a type and predefined property provided by Semantic MediaWiki to represent URI/URL values.