Reproductive type: Traits that describe how an organism reproduces or the mechanism by which reproduction is achieved.
- [[ReproductiveType|Reproductive type]]
- [[AlternationOfGenerations|Alternation of generations]]
- [[AsexualReproduction|Asexual reproduction]]
- [[SexualReproduction|Sexual reproduction]]
- [[Gonochoristic|Gonochorisitc (dioecious)]]
- [[Monoecious|Hermaphrodite (monoecious)]]
Hierarchy requires input. At present, the asexual and sexual reproductive split in the hierarchy is based on the presence or absence of meiosis. It does not represent the distinction between true sexual reproduction that involves both random association of alleles and gametes, and other forms of mictic and amictic reproduction.