Theme 5 - Long term geomorphological change and climatic impacts
Long term geomorphological change and climatic impacts, originated from COZONE (three interlinked Networks for beach processes, coastal waters and coastal structures). The aim of the Networks was to provide a forum through which the coastal community could identify and tackle key issues raised by both the research community and practitioners, which in the past had frequently been achieved only on an ad hoc basis. This was achieved by holding a series of workshops, the development of the COZONE web site and starting an email list service.
Since February 2006, COZONE has been linked to 12 other national networks across Europe through the European Network for Coastal Research Co-ordination Action ( ENCORA). Through ENCORA, COZONE now contributes to a European wide network of coastal researchers, practitioners and policy makers.
This is a list of articles written by participants of the Thematic Network on Long term geomorphological change and climatic impacts.
Pages in category "Theme 5"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- Case studies: Long term predictions for estuaries
- Case study: Applying ASMITA to UK estuaries
- Classification of coastlines
- Cliff stabilisation
- Climate change
- Climate change effects
- CNEXO experimental SandPit in Seine Estuary
- Coastal hydrodynamic and morphodynamic processes and engineering
- Coastal Hydrodynamics And Transport Processes
- Coastal morphodynamics and society
- Coves - artificial formation and use
- Foresight project, UK
- French case studies: Dynamic of swash bar and hook spit formation in megatidal environment, Regnéville Inlet (Normandy, France)
- French case studies: RESPONSE project
- French case studies: Upper tidal flat evolution in the bay of Mont-Saint-Michel (NW France)
- FUTURECOAST project, UK
- Geological processes in the Anthropocene: the Po River Delta
- Geomorphological analysis
- Geomorphological time scales and processes
- Global change and regional and local implications
- Greek case studies: Geomorphological changes on the coastal area of the Inner Thermaikos Gulf over the past 150 years
- Greek case studies: Long term geomorphological changes in the coastal zone of the Thermaikos Gulf, Salonika Region, North Greece
- Greek case studies: Morphological evolution of the R.Alfios deltaic shoreline
- Greek case studies: Sediment dynamics in the nearshore zone of Gouves (Heraklio, Crete) in relation to erosion (unpublished data 2006)
- Greek case studies: The implications of the expected sea level rise on the low lying areas of continental Greece in the next century
- Groynes as shore protection
- Set of website addresses to direct to databases/ data sets
- Shore nourishment
- Shore protection, coast protection and sea defence methods
- Shoreline Management Plans, UK
- Slapton barrier beach case study, UK
- Stability models
- Statistical description of wave parameters
- Stochastic and fractal methods in coastal morphodynamics
- Sustainable tourism and climate change