From Coastal Wiki
Definition of Ecosystem rehabilitation:
Reinstating degrees of ecosystem functionality on degraded sites where restoration is not the aspiration, to permit ongoing provision of ecosystem goods and services.
This is the common definition for Ecosystem rehabilitation, other definitions can be discussed in the article
Key aims of rehabilitation are:
- ensure the long-term stability of habitats required for the site to establish and sustain a natural ecosystem that aligns with the agreed future land use;
- partially or fully repair the capacity of ecosystems to provide habitats for biota and services for people.
- What is the difference between rehabilitation and restoration
- Society for Ecological Restoration AUSTRALASIA
- UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- [ https://www.iucn.org/ IUCN]