From Coastal Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Can't argue with this very general definition!

Most of the features called bedforms are undulations in the relief of the seabed (as with the ripples and sand waves cited) but beforms can also be alternating regions of coarser and finer sediment grains (the 'sorted bedforms' discussed, for example, by Murray and Thieler (2004; Continental Shelf Research, 24, 295) or of larger and smaller grain densities and colours.