Warning: This page is no longer updated. More recent information can be found at https://marinespecies.org/traits/aphia.php?p=attrdefinitions
Habitats Directive: The Habitats Directive (Council Directive 92/43/EEC) ensures the conservation of a wide range of rare, threatened or endemic animal and plant species. Some 200 rare and characteristic habitat types are also targeted for conservation in their own right.
All in all, over 1.000 animal and plant species, as well as 200 habitat types, listed in the directive's annexes are protected in various ways.
- [[HabitatsDirective|Habitats Directive]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexI|Habitats Directive Annex I]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexII|Habitats Directive Annex II]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexIII|Habitats Directive Annex III]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexIV|Habitats Directive Annex IV]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexV|Habitats Directive Annex V]]
- [[HabitatsDirectiveAnnexVI|Habitats Directive Annex VI]]