The ICZM Process - a Roadmap towards Coastal Sustainability - Analysis and Future
|Analysis and Futures
|Setting the Vision
|Designing the Future
|Realising the Vision
The overall aim of the Analysis and Futures stage is to add substance to the issues and aspirations initially identified in the preceding ESTABLISHMENT stage – making the invisible visible and engaging stakeholders in the search for outcomes.
- Building the Evidence - carrying out more detailed analyses of key issues where needed.
- Identifying Futures – building alternative scenarios and testing them through pilot actions, if needed, and identifying potential future funding sources.
The objectives of the Analysis & Futures stage are therefore:
- To substantiate the issues and problems through more rigorous analysis and review – to describe the present “State” and likely future trends.
- To generate and test alternative views of the future through the use of tools such as scenarios.
- To lay the foundations of future cooperation and implementation through pilot actions and the identification of future funding sources.
Diagnostic Report: state and future trends. It is recommended to complete the DPSIR framework.
Alternative scenarios, including the preliminary schedule of future funding sources for implementation, and the first pilot actions where appropriate.
Please note that others may also have edited the contents of this article.
Go to next stage: Setting the Vision